Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Flavors

I thought I'd put a post up of different flavor options. I have tried some of these and still want to try many more!! This is just part of a list that was compiled by a wonderful group of people on http://www.cakecentral.com/. I love that site!!!

Of course you have these:
Yellow (my sister's all time favorite)
Chocolate (I love the recipe I use for this!!!)
White Almond Sour Cream (might become my sister's new favorite...)
Butter (this has become one of Matt's favorites!)

Then the fun and different cake flavors:
Banana
Caramel Banana
Caramel
Cherry
Cheescake Lovers
Chocolate Chip Cookie
Cookies & Cream
Graham Cracker cake (great for a S'mores cake!!!)
Lemon
Lime
Orange Dreamsicle (this is so good!!!)
Peanut Butter (I think this is one of my family's favorites!)
Root Beer float
Strawberry (yum!)
Tiramisu (I'm so ready for a chance to make this!)
White Chocolate (very good!)

Some of the fillings I use:

Caramel
Cheesecake
Marshmallow fluff
Nougat
Truffle (milk, dark, or white chocolate)
Strawberry (or other fruit fillings)

I love combining different cake flavors and fillings and getting things like the Snickers cake, S'mores cake, and Strawberry limeade/lemonade. Basically, you can get ideas from anywhere--your favorite drink or candy bar--it's so much fun!

Another fun flavor combination I'm going to try for my daughter's birthday is Funkey Monkey--peanut butter, banana, and some chocolate!! Yum!

No comments: